Fri March 22, 2013
KVNF GENERAL MANAGER JOB POSTING
KVNF is a staff/volunteer-based multi-platform community radio station serving western Colorado, with studios and business offices located in Paonia.
KVNF provides eclectic music, news, public affairs, arts and entertainment programming 24/7 for a multi-aged audience that is culturally and economically diverse. KVNF’s signal reaches listeners in an area the size of Connecticut, airing programming and points of view that promote and enhance understanding among our dispersed listening audience while strengthening democratic values.
KVNF seeks a General Manager who will embrace the community-based, grassroots heritage of our station and who will safeguard these values and our mission while leading the organization into the future.
The General Manager will provide financial and administrative expertise and leadership under the direction of the Board of Directors and in partnership with staff and volunteers. The General Manager will be a leader who will empower and energize staff and volunteers by being forward thinking, creative, well organized, and collaborative. S/He will engage in the day-to-day management of the station including: developing and implementing budgets, overseeing grant application, supervision and evaluation of employees, maintaining licensing, and coordinating fundraising events and membership drives using a defined marketing strategy.
We are seeking an individual who combines strong communications, managerial and development skills with a vision for making local community media essential in a complex and changing world.
- The General Manager will have at least 3- 5 years of strategic leadership and administrative experience, preferably in non-profit broadcast media and/or working with volunteers.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or significant equivalent experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage long term goals that move the organization forward
- Must possess excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Strong team building and team communication skills
- Ability to build lasting relationships with listener and donor community
- Strong public relation skills and the ability to serve as a positive spokesperson for the organization
- Ability to identify short and long-range goals and create work plans that reflect KVNF’s mission and correlate with the strategic plan
- Ability to maintain best practices to ensure excellence at every level
- Demonstrated experience successfully working in conjunction with a Board of Directors including: developing long range planning, soliciting input on and keeping the board informed on key issues
- Experience in the supervision and development of at least 5 employees
- Experience with financial planning, developing and working within an operating budget, and preparing annual reports
- Familiarity with the grant writing process preferred
- Concrete knowledge and understanding of regulatory requirements and maintain compliance with those requirements (state/federal/FCC/CPB)
- Working knowledge of radio and/or multi-media technology including social media
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and Adobe Suite
- Level of comfort with social media and other technical communications
- On-air experience preferred
- Public media broadcast experience preferred
The salary and benefits for this position are commensurate with experience and competitive with similar nonprofit organizations.
Submit resume, cover letter, salary requirements in a PDF format by close of business on June 1, 2013 to: email@example.com
KVNF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.