Fri May 3, 2013
KVNF Local Newscast: Friday, May 03, 2013
- Renewable Energy bills for rural electrical associations awaits governor’s signature
- Small plane crash-lands on Highway 50 in North Delta
- Williams cited for leak by state
- NASA and CU invite you to send your name to Mars (find web link below)
- Migratory Bird Day is May 11 (find web link below)
- Legislature to end on a High Note
NASA's “Mars Atmosphere and Volatile Evolution” (MAVEN) spacecraft is scheduled for launch in November. Members of the public are invited to submit their names and a personal message for a DVD that will be carried aboard a spacecraft that will probe the Martian upper atmosphere.
The DVD will carry every name that is submitted. The public is also encouraged to submit a message in the form of a three-line poem, or haiku. However, only three poems will be selected.
The deadline for all submissions is July 1.
An online public vote to determine the top three messages to be placed on the DVD will begin July 15.
The public may submit names and messages at lasp.colorado.edu/maven/goingtomars.
For more information about upcoming bird watching festivals and field trips in Colorado, visit the Colorado Birding trail website at coloradobirdingtrail.com.