KVNF Presents the original classic Reggae Harmony Trio from Kingston, Jamaica, The Mighty Diamonds with the Yellow Wall Dub Squad. This amazing Roots Reggae band is doing a "Tribute to Bob Marley 70th Birthday Celebration Tour."
Take A Look At Our Current Favorites At KVNF & Click Below To Check Out all The New Music For The Week Of January 12, 2015
1. TBird & The Breaks / Harmonizm / TBird & The Breaks: Out of Austin with a New Orleans twist, their "Chunk Music" draws on Funk, HipHop, Soul & Rock and Roll; What more can you ask for? And they do a tear it up cover of "Fooled Around & Fell In Love..."
2. Brika / Voice Memos / Art House: A debut album from a Miami Singer/Songwriter with a sensual, electro sound and 11 Radio Friendly tracks.
One of the pre-eminent practitioners of “live looping”, Zach Deputy’s one-man show of "Island-infused, Drum 'n' Bass, Gospel-Ninja-Soul" has the energy and sound of a 6-piece band. Ensconced behind an array of microphones and technology, Zach and his nylon stringed guitar weave a tapestry of instrumentation and voices in an ever-evolving, improvised arrangement that is ultimately based on a composition but allowed to breathe with the audience.
Joe Cocker, the British-born blues and rock singer, passed away Monday morning at his home in Crawford, Colo. at the age of 70. He died of lung cancer.
Cocker is known for hits such as his cover of the Beatles’ “With a Little Help From My Friends” and “You Are So Beautiful”.
Here’s Cocker during a 2007 interview with KVNF talking about what he remembers most about Woodstock.
"I hate to say it to whoever asks, but I do get asked that a lot," Cocker says. "And it’s because I wasn't there that long. We flew in. I got straight out of the helicopter and went up on stage. It was late morning, did the show. Somebody gave me a big spliff backstage and I was back on the helicopter and out of there."
Cocker's performance at the 1969 music festival rocketed his career.
Originally published on Tue December 16, 2014 1:23 pm
Quick survey: you're going to the Word Wide Rollers Tour, presented by a group of weed connoisseurs called the Smoker's Club. Among the featured performers is a rapper named Berner and a DJ named TreeJay. The tour poster shows a Smokey the Bear type blunting in the woods. What do you pack?
Songwriter Cahalen Morrison and his band Country Hammer offer up comforting sounds of country and western’s roots with their latest release, The Flower of Muscle Shoals. Band members Cahalen Morrison and Jim Miller spoke with Ali Lightfoot after their performance for the KVNF Field Sessions.
KVNF Field Session Videos for Cahalen Morrison & Country Hammer:
Take A Look At Our Current Favorites At KVNF & Click Below To Check Out The New Music For The Week of November 17, 2014
1. The New Basement Tapes / Lost On The River / Harvest: T Bone Burnett does it again with Dylan lyrics, Marcus Mumford, Jim James, Elvis Costello, Rhiannon Giddons & Taylor Goldsmith making the music come alive.
2. Bryan Ferry / Avonmore / BMG: The British Rocker is back with 8 new tracks and 2 covers and joined by Ronnie Spector, Flea, Maceo Parker, Mark Knopfler, Johnny Marr & More...
Take A Look At Our Current Favorites at KVNF & Click Below To Check Out All The New Music For The Week Of November 10, 2014
1. Arthur Russell / Various Artists / Master Mix Red Hot / Yep Roc: The Cellist/Composer/Electronic Pioneer Arthur Russell is honored for his mastery in this tribute release featuring a variety of talents (Jose Gonzalez, Sufjan Stevens, Phosphorescent, Blood Orange...)
Take A Look At Our Current Favorites At KVNF & Click Below To Check Out All The New Music For The Week of November 3, 2011
1. JD McPherson / The Warm Covers / Rounder: Hailing from Oklahoma, JD & his band mix it up on the 4 track EP (You'll be begging for more) with their own take on Rock & Roll, R&B and Roots - Covering a Billy Boy Arnold tune ("I Wish You Would") and a Nick Lowe tune ("Rome Wasn't Built In A Day"), they make it all their own.
Ali Lightfoot speaks with musicians Justin Thompson, Gabrielle Louise, Brodie Kinder and Mel Williams before their Paonia Murder Ballad Medley show at the Blue Sage Center for the Arts to celebrate Halloween.
Zach Deputy is a multi-instrumentalist and songwriter based in Savannah, GA and best known for his live looping shows. He describes his style as "island-infused drum n' bass gospel ninja soul." Ali Lightfoot interviewed Zach at the 2014 Telluride Blues and Brews Fest.